You love fishing, don’t you? Do you want to make an upgrade to your fishing accessories? Well, you can use various fishing rods, but if the fishing line is bad, definitely you won’t get the satisfaction you desire.
A fishing line is a cord that is specially designed with a purpose of allowing the angler to acquire fish via the means of the fishing rod.
Fishing line technology is rapidly exploding as manufacturers scramble to beat each other’s competition. Therefore, this unending innovation has led to a variety of fishing lines in the market making it difficult for one to choose the best amongst them.
Ideally, there are 3 types of fishing lines in the market;
- Monofilament- it is the most popular fishing ling thanks to its cheap price. It is also less sensitive to any strikes with good spool memory.
- Fluorocarbon-they have a similar refractive index to that of water which makes the fishing line less visible while in water hence used as the leader material. Less spool memory compared to monofilament lines. It is perfect for clear waters where fish are always aware of the fishing lines.
- Braided-they have high knot strength hence perfect for deep sea fishing. Simply it is a strong fishing line.
Our Recommended 10 Best Fishing Lines
Power Pro Spectra Fiber Braided
Undoubtedly, power pro spectra make the best type of fishing line not only among the braided category but also in general. Be it be you are experienced or a new fisherman, they do make a perfect choice for enhancing the fishing experience.
- They have a small diameter (0.005-0.035inches).
- It is made up of an ultra-strong spectra fiber.
- The line has various lengths ranging from 150-300 yards.
- It has got an inbuilt cutter.
- It is the best premium line.
- Has a smooth surface.
- Less stretch hence better hook sets.
- The thin diameter allows a faster cast.
- You can make a longer cast without a stretch.
- The line is sensitive hence high chances of a catch.
- In water, it is less heavy as it doesn’t absorb water.
- Decent abrasion resistance.
- On spinning reels, it gives a great performance.
- Prone to the wind knots.
- In low light conditions, it is impossible to see.
- Sometimes can experience a lack of stretch.
- A bit expensive.
- When tangled, it is not that easy to u tangle.
- Beware of counterfeits.
KastKing Superpower Braided
The KastKing superpower is a great choice made in a way to tackle the underwater abrasion of any kind. It is easy to use and handle by any fisherman. The line has a smaller diameter which allows one to spool as well as fit an extra fishing line to one fishing reel.
It also has zero resistance with no stretch. It is a durable fishing line and is light due to the polyethylene fiber that is made from.
It is so sensitive that you can even feel a fish’s nibble. Also, its spool memory is low which reduces chances of being tangled and can as well be cast further.
It comes with a superior hook setting. It also has high knot strength and is available in various colors.
- Further precision and casting.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Very sensitive to hear the bites of the fish.
- The line gets heavy sometimes as it is not waterproof.
- Easily visible under water.
- Line coloring fades easily.
Stren High Impact
If you like saltwater fishing, then this is your perfect pick. In fact, it works best with the larger game fish, especially in the coastal fishing situations.
It is shock resistant and very much durable. It doesn’t shred on impact and works best under pressure.
It is cheap to acquire. It comes with a great strength and you can use it in freshwater fishing as well.
It is basically formed with some kind of watercolor that is almost invisible under the fresh water.
- It is great mainly for stringing beads.
- The price is affordable.
- Good quality.
- Shock resistant.
- It has got some tendency of twisting and snarling.
Spiderwire Braided Stealth Superline
It is a line that lives to all the best claims. In fact, it is now 30% stronger than the last version. It has added strength that helps tackle big fish. Unlike other lines within its price range, it has the ability to cast further out. For the beginners, it the most perfect.
It is completely water resistant due to the microfiber body that it is made up of.
- Constructed of Dyneema PE fibers which make it strong and smooth.
- Made up of a color that doesn’t fade off easily.
- Sensitive and knots easily.
- Always casts with ease.
- Lighter than other lines.
- Very sensitive to fish bite as it has a zero stretch.
- Handles any weather condition.
- Casts for longer distances.
- Ties easy
- Good quality.
- The fluorocarbon component that is made up of makes it almost invisible underwater.
- Affordable price.
- No easy breakage due to the abrasion resistance
- If snagged it frays more easily
- Might injure your hands if not carefully handled
Berkley Fireline Fused Original
In the braided fishing line category, Berkley Fireline is simply the best. It is the fishing line that you will ever need in order to enhance your fishing experience.
It has a diameter of 0.005 inches making it ultimately thin and very unique. It is stronger than the monofilament line and it is more durable.
The diameter allows fitting more line to the spool. The line comes in different lengths as well as price ranges and fits every budget available.
It is also completely abrasion resistant with the ability to slice past aquatic vegetation. The line is translucent which makes it almost undetectable by fish while in water.
Berkley Fireline has also a high sensitivity which a user can use in monitoring any small bite of a fish. Its smooth finish can help a user to also make better casts.
You won’t fear of creating a bird’s nest digging to the spool as the Fireline has a minimum spool memory. It as well comes in various colors.
- Works best on spinning reels
- A quality product
- A very stiff fishing line for casting
- After consecutive use the fiber strands making it start to fall apart
- The line doesn’t have a special coating hence discoloration occurs with time.
Seaguar lnvizx Fluorocarbon
Seaguar lnvizx fishing line handles every aspect almost perfectly. It gives long casts, a sensitive while in water as well as a free run out the tangle. It has super strength both in the knot and straight and you will always get the hook-setting power any time you may need it.
Unlike other lines, it doesn’t have the soft and easy feeling to cut. Instead, it is very hard and also abrasion resistant.
Most fluorocarbons will sink so fast but for this line, it really doesn’t sink that fast. If in any case, you are looking for that easy-to-handle, UV-resistant, tough, low-memory fishing line at a considerable price, then you shouldn’t think any further than the Seaguarlnvizx.
- Handles like nylon
- High abrasion resistance and strength
- Good price
- Under-strength in higher weight ranges
Berkley Trilene Big Game Monofilament
Berkley Trilene can be termed as the best monofilament fishing line in the market. It is a very strong fishing line which can absorb pretty big shocks due to its stretch. However, it does stretch too much-not as a weak mono.
It can lure the toughest catch as it is sturdy as well as a high impact. It is created with a great abrasion resistance and the line also holds the knot very well.
Due to the fact that the line is shock resistance, it helps reel with ease in a big fish.
An issue with this line is only that if it goes for long without being used, upon using it again you may notice that the line the shape of the spool-a condition that may hurt a lot the casting performance.
- It’s cheap
- High visibility
- Just a reputable company
- A lot of color options
- Super strength
- Good environmental resistance and abrasion
- it has a lot of line memory
- needs several replacements
Hi-Seas Grand Slam Monofilament Line
The Hi-seas line offers the best value for your money when it comes to the monofilament category. It is available from 400 down to 9-pound test. If you need to fill a variety of large reels, then it is the line to go for.
It is thicker in its weight class with a very stiff feel. It has also a high abrasion resistance making it best for fishing in abusive conditions like in weed patches.
In cases that you may need heavier weight lines for like saltwater game fish, then Hi-seas Grand Slam line is the option.
- excellent value
- good knotting characteristics
- high-strength and tough line
- On light reels, the stiffness makes managing it difficult
Suffix 832 Advanced Superline
Suffix 832 Superline is simply a braided category fishing line. For any fishing conditions that you can think of, it is the best.
It is the strongest line available in the market. The suffix has a small diameter as well-32 weaves per inch which makes it the thinnest line amongst the braided category.
It has as well a great abrasion resistance. It does have a reduced line vibration with increased casting and accuracy. The suffix has enhanced knot strength as well.
It is made up of the HMPE fibers which make the line highly sensitive to bites of the fish and also making it strong at the same time. These fibers also make the line water breakage resistant.
The suffix is UV protected. It is perfect if you want to catch some bass during the months of November and December.
The suffix 832 is available in 150 yards as well as 300-yard spools. It doesn’t have a spool memory and has a long casting distance.
- Wearing off after extensive use
KastKing Fluorokote is basically a combination of copolymer fishing line and fluorocarbon coating which reduces the visibility of the line when it is immersed in water.
Ideally, the result of Fluorokote is a line that has a thinness of mono but the performance is a fluorocarbon.
High strength, low stretch, superior abrasion resistance, greatly reduced visibility, and higher density makes KastKing Fluorokote line an ideal alternative to the fluorocarbon line at a low cost.
It has a smaller diameter hence stronger and smaller line that give reel capacity as well as an increased depth.
KastKing Fluorokote fishing line sinks much faster having a low absorption. It is also durable due to the unique fluorocarbons making the line. It as well offers great knot strength with a high sensitivity.
It is extremely versatile making it possible for the angler to fish in nearly any techniques and conditions with great confidence.
- Stretches a lot.
Best Fishing Line Buying Guide
Having an idea of every fishing line available sometimes makes it difficult to choose the best. However, there are some factors to consider for you to make the right call. What to consider includes the following:
The Line Strength
Measured in pounds (lb), line strength is usually written on each spool’s packaging you purchase. It helps to figure out the weight the line takes for it to break. Also remember the more the knots, the more chances of it to snap.
The diameter directly affects the stretch, visibility, running depth, and the casting ability. Lures like grabs and crankbaits go best with smaller diameters that are less visible to fish.
It will be frustrating buying a fishing line that you will struggle to use. Choose the one that is user-friendly and that you can adjust it easily.
In case you need color variety, monofilament lines give a lot of options. Crystal color, green, and blue are some make a fishing line invisible. However, if you want to monitor the line go for the opposite color.
It is indeed frustrating when the line twits-they will definitely twist. Monofilament lines twist more compared to braided lines. Choose one that will not cause you frustration.
Flexibility is a key factor. Lines which have a good shape memory and spool usually have issues with casting and also cause the line to twist eventually breaking.
All the 10 fishing lines will give you a perfect experience. However, we highly recommend the power pro spectra because of its durability, is stronger and can operate in any conditions thrown into. For further precision and sensitivity consider the KastKing superpower braided fishing line.
Every fisherman wants the best experience when out there in the water. The above fishing lines are the best to choose from in the market. Success in fishing highly depends on the type of fishing line you have got, just make your choice correctly today and avoid to tell a tale of the one that got away.
- The Best Bowfishing Lights on the Market
- Best Fluorocarbon Fishing Lines Reviews
- Best Air Hockey Tables Reviews
- Top 7 Best Scope for 17hmr
- Best Wireless Driveway Alarms and Alerts Systems
- Top 10 Best Women Electric Shavers